Tuesday, February 12, 2013

: Rearranging the LAN-space.

I had a LAN this weekend, for a couple of friends of mine, Terje and Rune, that had their birthdays during the last week. Well, that's the excuse we used anyway, not that we really need one to have a LAN, but hey. Not gonna say much about it, except that it was awesome as always. If you need proof, here's a video from this weekend, created by Yrjan. Enjoy.


After everyone had left on Sunday, another friend of mine, Thor, who unfortunately wasn't able to attend the LAN, stopped by with a present for me; A TV. I spent the rest of the evening wondering how to put it in a spot where it would actually be useful, and not just a huge paperweight. Long story short; I failed. At about 1:30am I decided that the best way to make it useful was to rearrange my living room. So I did. The next 3-4 hours I spent moving stuff around and setting my computer and network equipment back up. I guess that in total, there's not that much difference here. It's really just the two "back corners" that have switched places. Everything close to the exit is in the exact same place as it was, and the table and couches in the middle hasn't really moved either. It makes a huge difference, though. And I got a very nice position for the TV.

TV placed in a spot where everyone can see it!
Not much difference, except that it's "backwards".
The network equipment is also in a better place compared to where people will be sitting, I think. I am the one who'll always be farthest away from it, and I'm already hooked up and my cables have been taped down. So, no more need for insanely long cables. I've also added more extension cables that I had laying around (I've no idea where I've gotten all of them from), so it's easier for people to set up right away when they get here. At the moment the other corner-desk (which you can't see in these pictures) is a bit buried under stuff again, but I'll clear that out before the next LAN.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting! I like it! Is "my desk" still in the same place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I briefly considered moving it to where the network equipment is, and move the couch and table to where the desk is now... But I decided against it, as the table would sort of "trap" you, or whoever else is sitting there, in that corner. =P

      Delete
  2. Ser awesome ut! Og eneste måten tven kunne vært plassert bedre var om den hang på veggen tror jeg. gleder meg til neste gang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, ja, og det tror jeg ikke er så lurt på veggene her. Tror ikke de ville tålt vekta. =P
      Bare å si fra når du vil LANe igjen, så ordner man noe. ;)

      Delete

Please do not comment as Anonymous.